Sunday, May 17, 2009

Life's Not Fair

Ok. So I just had a baby 2 weeks ago. I'm still healing, trying to regain my strength and mobility. It's been my goal to improve a little more each day since Bree was born. That's just what I've been doing. Until last Friday when I woke up not feeling well. Thankfully I already had an appointment with my OB that morning for a 2 week post-op so while I was there I had Dr Austin take a look at me and do a throat culture. Friday afternoon I got a call from his office that the rapid strep test came back negative. Thank goodness. However, as the day went on, whatever I had was making me miserable.

Friday night was a nightmare. Saturday morning I woke up feeling even worse. I spent the day in bed, and then the night in bed. Today, thankfully, I feel a bit better, though still not up to par. Did I mention that this weekend I've missed some truly great weather? Ahh! Life's not fair. Did I mention that I've basically had to stay away from my new baby other than nursing, so as not to get her sick? Life's not fair. Did I mention that my poor husband has had to do everything on his own while I convalesce? Life's not fair to him, either.

I didn't attend church the last two Sundays before Bree was born, and I haven't been able to attend since. I miss it. I would like to get back in the saddle again with my calling and other responsibilities. I hate being sick! I hate to not be productive! I hate not being able to help out my own family, let alone others.

This past week as Richard has gone back to work, our family has received dinners from ladies around the neighborhood. It's been such a blessing. We also have dinners coming this week, too! We have great friends who have extended their hands in service towards us, and we are so grateful.

Here's hoping I can get back on my feet soon and return the favors.

Love, Cara

6 comments:

Druciana said...

That sound like no fun! Call me if you need anything.

Crazy Mom of 6 said...

So sorry Cara! I really wish I was their to help you and your kids. Sometimes Life isnt fair. And it is hard to go through so many things all at once. But like you told me it wont last forever!
Lots of love and prayers for a speedy recovery!

Shelly said...

I'm SO sorry you're sick! Hopefully you'll be feeling just right real soon! I'll be by this week with supper-looking forward to seeing you, Bree, and the big brothers and sisters!

Mistaken said...

Life really isn't fair. Of course these experiences will only enhance how wonderful you will feel when everything gets back to normal and you are better and completely healed. I think these things help us appreciate the good times more.

taradon said...

Ah, I'm so sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. I hope things improve soon. In the meantime, isn't it wonderful that you have a husband who can and will step into the breech and friends who provide dinners! Let me know if I can help with anything...

The Borman Family said...

That really stinks to be so sick. I felt like the more kids I had the easier I got sick after having them. I feel like I just caught everything! That is nice you got to rest. Hope you feel better.