Friday, November 6, 2009

Eli's Baby

If ever there was a boy who loved his baby sister more than Eli loves Bree, I've never met him. All through my pregnancy with Aubrielle, Elijah most anxiously anticipated her arrival. He spent hours rubbing my pregnant tummy for good luck and resting his hands on my belly feeling Bree move. Whenever I sat down on the couch, at the dinner table, on the bench at church, Eli insisted upon occupying the seat next to me. So even before she was born, Aubrielle and Elijah shared a bond and a love for one another.



This picture was taken the day I brought Aubrielle home from the hospital. Elijah could hardly wait to hold her in his arms for the first time.




I know it is said that a brand-new baby doesn't smile, but I swear to you that at just a few days old, Elijah was able to make Bree smile.




I quickly learned that if I set Bree down for even a minute and Elijah was around, he was soon to scoop her up. Here Bree is naked because I was in the process of changing her diaper and outfit and I had hopped up to wash my hands. When I came back to the family room to re-dress Bree, Eli was already playing with her.




Elijah has a great personality and is a lot of fun. Aubrielle is drawn to him for that, and many other reasons.



Aubrielle knows that playing with Elijah doubles as exercise.




Get ready, Bree! Eli's about to kiss you!




Pucker up, baby!




Not only is Bree Eli's favorite plaything but she's also apparently a hat.




Aubrielle and Elijah make plenty of time for cuddling.



Elijah learned the hard way not to place a baby with a full belly of milk on his tummy. Yep, that would be baby barf on Eli's shirt and neck. He was such a good sport about it. He laughed it off.



As if he needed to point out who was responsible for the mess.



When Eli comes home from school he is always anxious to play with Bree. Eli misses Bree while he's away at school, and I think she misses him, too.



Elijah is the best when it comes to making Bree smile.




Elijah gives Aubrielle a lift.



Eli is more than happy to give Bree a ride, and to change her altitude.


Given their beautiful and rare relationship, I am more than happy to let Eli think that Bree is his baby. It warms my heart to witness such love and devotion between two of my children and I pray that as the years pass, that relationship will only get stronger. Eli is destined to be an amazing father. After all, everyday Eli is witness to the example Rich sets as a father. Is there a better teacher than that?

Love, Cara

4 comments:

Druciana said...

That is very special and sweet!

Shelly said...

Eli is the best big brother ever!! These pictures are SO sweet-it's wonderful to see such an amazing bond between the two of them! You're blessed~

Heidi said...

I love it when I see Jackson so concerned with Daphne too. Such a special thing!

taradon said...

So sweet!