Saturday, May 9, 2009

Beautiful Baby Bree


First of all, allow me to apologize for being out of touch since the birth of my beautiful baby Bree. I have not wanted for anything this past week except to nurse, change, bathe, burp and hold her. In fact, I have been quite content to do nothing else, including eating, sleeping, reading and socializing, all of which normally sustain me. This first week with Bree has been so precious and I haven't wanted to miss a thing. Already I feel sad that her first days have passed.

Aubrielle is a joy to have in our family and we wonder how we ever lived without her. She is such a beautiful baby (nope, I'm not biased). Turns out she was the missing piece of our family puzzle and with her we are a more complete unit.



Each of Bree's four older siblings have had multiple opportunities to hold and love on her. Each one of them has been of assistance at times that I've needed a burp rag, diaper, binky or blanket. I only hope their willingness to help will not soon die out, especially since there are only two weeks left of school. Once all the kids are out on summer break, I'll need all the help I can get, being on my own with my brood.







Yesterday Aubrielle had her one-week check-up with her pediatrician, Dr Dickerson (love her!). It was at this check-up that Dr Dickerson was able to determine just how well Bree is progressing, given her weight, height and head circumference. At birth, Bree was 7 lbs 9.5 oz, 19.5 inches long, with a head circumference of 14.25 inches. Not bad, considering she came out of my small body. At yesterday's appointment, Bree was 7 lbs 12.5 oz, 19.75 inches long (head circumference was the same). We all know that babies lose weight in the hospital after birth. Dr Dickerson was thrilled that Bree had already surpassed her birth weight in one week! Well, she is a champion nurser.

Having had children before with whom I've had weight-gain concerns (Elijah and Felicity) I am so grateful that my baby is doing so well. It does my heart good to know that she is growing healthy and strong. Thanks to all those who have offered prayers on her behalf.




Love, Cara (proud mom of 5!)

P.S. We are now truly living our own 7th Heaven!

6 comments:

CSwain said...

Yes, she is beautiful! I'm glad all hasd gone well and you are doing well too!
Carol

Tera said...

First of all, Wow! You are looking so good! You look like you have lost a lot of weight already.

Love the bow. So cute!

She is so cute and so tiny. I am so glad that she is doing so well and that you are enjoying every minute of having her. We both know how quickly time goes and you can't blink or you'll miss it.

Crazy Mom of 6 said...

She is so cute and you are gorgouse! Looks like a ton of love in your house! Cant wait to be a mom of five!

Druciana said...

Your family is so cute! I can't believe how together you look already!

Mistaken said...

Oh Cara! She is so beautiful. She really does just fit right in. How wonderful for you and your family. You look well and sound well. What a blessed Mother's Day!

Shelly said...

Cara-you look wonderful and Bree is absolutely beautiful! I am SO happy for all of you-your family is truly blessed! Can't wait for some Bree-cuddles! Love, Shell