Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bring On Monday

Normally I hate Mondays. Rich has to go back to work, we all have to get up before the sun to start our day, tons of laundry awaits me, and I know Felicity will ask where we are going and expect to be entertained. But tomorrow has to be better than the past two days have been.

As I contemplate the events of this past weekend, I can honestly say, "Good Riddance!" Yesterday is a day I hope to never experience again. The kids fought non-stop while we tried to scrub house. Mimi decided to play mommy to Felicity and boss her around all day. Dallin spent hours looking for a lost, overdue library book--which he still hasn't found. Elijah did nothing but play with Bree and wander around the house. Richard and I didn't get showers till just before bedtime. And while we were having dinner--leftovers--Bree launched herself off of Dallin's shoulders and hit the tile floor in the kitchen, likely giving herself a mild concussion.

I'd never been so scared as I was last night. I screamed so loud that Felicity was frightened. Bree didn't cry right away and quickly lost all color. She became lethargic and began to sweat profusely. My girlfriend, Christa, a pediatric nurse, came to check her out. By the time Christa got here, Bree was perking up and moving around. I think the incident took 10 years off my life.

If that wasn't enough, about an hour later, Bree was reaching for a toy and smacked her head on the leg of one of the end tables in our family room. Later that evening, Elijah was playing with her and the two of them bonked heads. Ahh! Three times to poor Bree's head in a matter of 90 minutes.

Today, Bree was pretty fussy, especially at church. You would be, too, if church was during your naptime! She made it through the first two hours of church, and then we cut our losses and went home. She slept for 10 minutes in the car on the way home, and that's it. Still, she didn't go down to bed till 7:15pm. Ahh... Finally. But wait--she was up again an hour later. Of course Richard was gone during this time at a church meeting with Dallin so I didn't have him to help me soothe Bree. That was frustrating since Rich has the magic touch with Bree at bedtime.

Finally everyone is in bed, asleep, and thus I must follow suit. Fingers crossed that tomorrow will be a better day. Please no more head injuries!

Cara

2 comments:

Tera said...

That doesn't sound like a day anyone would want to live through once, let alone a second time. Did Bree fall off Dallin's shoulders while he was standing up? That would be a very long fall. And on the tile? Ouch. I'm glad she's okay. Hopefully, once back on a schedule, your day will go much better.

taradon said...

Yikes! How scary! I'm so glad she was okay. And hopefully the week will go better than the weekend!