Tuesday, April 27, 2010

For The Love of Shoes

Like any self-respecting woman, I love shoes. As a little girl I always wanted to play dress-up with my mom's shoes, though I was never permitted to.

Now that I'm a mother of three little girls, I find that my daughters like to play with my shoes on a daily basis.




Mostly Bree just likes to chew on my shoes like a puppy, though someday that will change. Someday she'll want to model them like her sister does.




Felicity's first word was "shoes".




"Boots" came soon thereafter.






High heels. The higher, the better.




I'm a model...




You know what I mean...




And I do my little turn on the catwalk...





Daddy's shoes are a little harder to fill!




But Felicity makes them look good.






So pretty. All dressed-up with nowhere to go...




So Felicity changed back into her regular clothes.




And now it's time to play with Mom's make-up. Something else I always wanted to do as a little girl and was never allowed to. But shoes are still Felicity's favorite.

I'm happy that my girls want to play and use their imagination. Even when they make a big mess in the meantime.


Cara

3 comments:

Heidi said...

oh Jackson is the one in my shoes and make-up, and necklaces... lets see if Daphne gets into them. Im sure she will!

Crazy Mom of 6 said...

AWW The one thing that unites us all in the sisterhood bond the love of shoes!! I love watching my kids play in my shoes and see them clicking and clacking them all over. It is so much fun and great memories for all of us. I remember like it was yesterday I was doing it with my aunts shoes! I was just putting makeup on Emma the other day. I even let her wear it out while we were running errands. So much fun! Oh and BTW my boys love to wear my shoes!! LOL!! Scott doesnt like that too much! LOL!

taradon said...

Adorable pictures! All of my kids have gone through a phase when they liked my shoes. Right now it's Brekken. He loves to wear anyone's shoes he can get his hands on!