Wednesday, September 9, 2009

For Girls Only

This past Saturday Tera, Shelly, Sarah, Jen and I put on a party for our daughters. What kind of party, you ask? A mani-pedi party for girls only.

Tera made the beautiful invitations (she even wrote a poem), Shelly and I made all the food, Sarah brought the decorations and party favors, and Shelly offered to host at her home. Thanks, Shelly!

The party began with Sarah passing out party favors and jewelry for the girls to wear.


Felicity was very happy to receive a pink crown!


Mimi chose a green crown and necklace to compliment her summer dress.


Clockwise from top: Lauren, Maddy, Gabby, Shea, Katelyn, Anslie, Brynna, Felicity and Mimi.


Mimi enjoyed soaking her feet in rose water in my foot spa.


Cotton between the toes isn't very comfortable, but it is very necessary for keeping the toes separated for painting.


It was fun to pamper my Mimi.


Tera gave both Brynna and Lauren the royal treatment.


Just like in a real spa, Mimi read a book to relax and pass the time while I worked on her feet in Shelly's kitchen.


Pretty legs and feet, Mimi!


Cute toes, Felicity!


Once all the girls had received their pedicures, they were served a nice lunch while their toe nail polish dried.


Felicity was thrilled with the food selection. Who doesn't love peanut butter and honey / jelly sandwiches with fruit and cheeseballs and cookies for dessert? All of us moms on Weight Watchers were jealous!


Mimi had no complaints over the food, either.


Richard used a heart cookie cutter to shape the peanut butter and honey sandwiches I made.


When lunch was over and cleaned up, we moms gave our daughters pedicures.


Love the pout on your purple-glossed lips, Brynna!


Felicity chose "purple potion" for her nail color. Nice choice.


Felicity looks pretty, head to toe.


It was a delightful party and everyone left looking more beautiful than when they came. Lucky girls. I never had a party like that when I was little!

Love, Cara

4 comments:

Tera said...

I would have always felt sad if I'd never had daughters. I give thanks for my girls and all things girly. It is fun to have mommy/daughter time and I really look forward to those moments when I paint their nails. This party was fun to help celebrate that relationship. You are right, wouldn't it have been nice to have a mom that did things like this for us when we were little? Hopefully our girls will grow up feeling loved and special but most of all, bonded to us for eternity!

Mistaken said...

What great fun! I'm sure the girls will remember this always.

taradon said...

What a fun day!

Shelly said...

I think a fun time was had by all! Although, I have to say Katelyn was much more interested in playing with all the girls over the mani-pedi's! HA! What a great way to celebrate our incredible daughters! We'll have to do it again sometime!