Monday, September 21, 2009

Autumn Is Awesome

Autumn is my second favorite season, spring being my favorite. Given that autumn officially begins tomorrow, I felt it appropriate to list some of the reasons I love this season:


01) The kids are back in school! This is good on so many levels. First off, it allows me to miss Dallin, Elijah and Amelia. Secondly, it allows me time alone with the little girls. Thirdly, it allows me quiet time and no fighting in the house. Yes, someday Felicity and Aubrielle will fight, but for now they don't and I appreciate it.

02) Warm clothing is the norm. I love to wear jeans and T-shirts and thick socks. When I'm home I enjoy wearing my robe or sweater over my clothes if I get a little chilly, and I love a good pair of fuzzy slippers. When I leave the house, in place of sandals I wear high-heeled boots under my jeans that come up to my knees (these help to keep my feet and legs warm and give me much-needed height).

03) Reading by the fireplace. Oh, yeah. That's what I'm talking about. Is there anything better than reading a great book and feeling the warmth of the fireplace, while enjoying a cup of hot cocoa?

04) Soups, stews and chowders. 'Nuff said.

05) Cuddling to stay warm.

06) The warmth, smell and ambiance of scented candles throughout the house.

07) Anticipation of holidays like Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas and the music associated with them.

08) The changing colors outside. Can anyone argue that it's beautiful here in Colorado?

09) Basketball season begins. Go, Lakers!

10) New fall shows premiere! That's a whole post in itself.


For all of these reasons, and many more, I love autumn. God bless this autumn to be good to us (unlike autumn of 2006!)

Love, Cara

4 comments:

taradon said...

I agree with all your reasons. I love autumn. It's my favorite season!

Tera said...

Autumn is my favorite season, hands down. I love everything about it. Except this year, we are not off to a good start, are we? I think we may be in for it, it kinda seems like we skipped autumn and went straight to winter. It's cold outside. sad.

Shelly said...

Autumn is also my favorite season and September-December definitely my favorite time of the year! I share all of the same reasons you mentioned! I LOVE to read a good book, curled up in a blanket, in front of the fireplace, sipping a "Pumpkin Spice" latte!! Not too much that can beat that!

Druciana said...

You have some great reasons. I may have to re-think my favorite season.