Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Exersaucer

Once again the Exersaucer has taken up residence in our family room. Where recently the baby swing sat, the Exersaucer now resides. It is a milestone in the life of a new baby--grow tired of swinging back and forth and desire more freedom.

Such has been the case with Aubrielle. Intent upon growing up too fast, and demanding to stretch her legs, Bree graduated from swinging to spinning, reaching and playing.


Happy to be upright, Bree is all smiles.


The first time Richard put Bree in the Exersaucer, he and I were struggling to get dinner on the table, so imagine our delight that Bree took right to it.


This is cool!


Look what I can do!


Warning! I'm about to sing my angry song!


Unfortunately for Richard and me, and the hungry kids waiting on dinner, Bree's contentment in the Exersaucer didn't last long. Oh, well. The five minutes of freedom to use both our hands was put to good use and much appreciated.

Having been down this road with four other children, I know the day will soon come when she'll tire of the Exersaucer, too. But until that day comes, Richard and I are grateful for those occasions when Bree can entertain herself and be contained while doing so!

Love, Cara

5 comments:

Druciana said...

Ilove how her eyes are just lit up!

Tera said...

So fun! I love the freedom the exersaucer offers as well. It is like graduating, isn't it...from swing, to exersaucer to walking. Hmm, goes to fast. Is that a new exersaucer? So cute, I've never seen it before!

taradon said...

She's so cute! I always loved being able to put the kids in the exersaucer to entertain them and keep them safely in one spot! I was always just a little disappointed when they graduated from the exersaucer stage. :)

Shelly said...

Oh, she's so darn cute!! I love those dimples and that smile!!! She just melts my heart! I remember when Katie was ready for the Exersaucer, we had one upstairs and downstairs! Finally I could shower in peace! HA!!

Crazy Mom of 6 said...

She is so adorable! Especially when she is in it. She is getting so big!