Monday, March 22, 2010

Getting Adjusted

Every two to three weeks I have an appointment with my chiropractor to get adjusted. Three years ago I slipped on my icy driveway and broke my tailbone. Ever since I have suffered headaches, neck, back, hip, and most of all, jaw pain. It sucks! But when I regularly see Dr Powell, I generally feel better and experience less pain and discomfort.

I have been going to see Dr Powell every other Monday morning, taking my two youngest with me. Felicity always brings toys and snacks with her. She is not a problem. For months now, when I have gone, I've strapped Bree in her stroller while I'm being adjusted. With a clean diaper and a belly full of milk, she is normally content during my appointments. If she becomes fussy, she's more than happy to play with my keys or lipgloss.

Today was the exception. She screamed the entire time I was there. Nothing would make her happy. In an attempt to console her, I held her until the doctor was ready to see me, rather than lay face-down on the exam table relaxed as the doctor would have liked. Bree's screaming got to me after a while, and I was unable to relax at all.

So instead of walking out of the doctor's office feeling better, I don't feel any different at all.

Needless to say, I won't be taking any children with me to my next appointment. Here's hoping the next time is more beneficial!

Cara

2 comments:

taradon said...

Nothing can cause you to tense up like a screaming baby! Hope your next appointment goes better.

Mistaken said...

I see Dr. Powell when I need an adjustment too. It sounds like finding someone to watch the kids is a great idea.