Sunday, April 19, 2009

Green Is My New Favorite Color

Okay, so I've always been a fan of the color green, though the color pink has often trumped it on my list of favorites. Until today!

You see, the past few days we've had nothing but rain and snow and other adverse weather conditions. But this morning when I woke up and looked out the window, all I saw was a clear sky, sunshine, a light breeze, and all manner of green things. These green things would not be toads, lizards or snakes, thank goodness! Instead I was pleased to discover green grass, trees, bushes, and the like. Maybe spring is finally upon us!

Don't get me wrong. I know that it is necessary for us to receive healthy amounts of rain and snow to keep our state beautiful. And it is beautiful. But my family, friends and I are ready to enjoy and appreciate it's beauty from outside the walls of our homes! How anxious we all are to play at the park, ride our bikes, throw a football, and have barbeques.

It is because we have four true seasons here in Colorado that we residents so greatly appreciate our spring and summer months. Often we feel as if they are short-lived. But one thing is for sure: we never take them for granted and we always make the most of them.

So, green is my new favorite color! That is until my baby is born in 12 days. Then, once again, the color pink will trump it. Until then, go green!

Love, Cara

4 comments:

Shelly said...

YES!!!! Bring on the green! I am so ready for leaves on trees, green grass, the sound of lawn mowers, flowers blooming, blue skys, birds singing, open windows, more time outside and at the park...next week is supposed to be beautiful all week. Hallalujah!!
Love, Shell

Tera said...

The drive to church today was so pretty; green rolling hills everywhere!

Mistaken said...

I'm with you on this. Time to get out the bikes and the gardening gloves. Now I can put in my backyard!

Druciana said...

Spring in my favorite season! I love how everything is new again. I don't think I could live in a place that didn't have seasons like we do though. I would probably take it all for granted.