Sunday, March 22, 2009

Cara No See Feet

Were I part of tribe somewhere, that would be my name right now, as I cannot see my feet, and haven't been able to for sometime now. You may wonder, just how important is it to see your own feet? Consider the next time you want to check to make sure your shoelaces are tied. Consider the next time you want to trim your toenails or paint them. And here's the kicker: the next time you want to zip up your high-heeled hooker boots so you can paint the town red. For these reasons and many more, it is important to be able to see your feet.

Today I am 34 weeks along in my pregnancy--6 weeks to go! Over the course of the next 6 weeks, my baby will continue to grow and put on weight at a steady pace. This I know to be true. Sometimes I wonder just how much bigger my belly can possibly get, and can my skin actually stretch any farther without ripping. Sometimes I understand when I get comments like, "Do you really only have 1 baby in there?" and "Shouldn't you have had that baby already?" and "Wow! You're huge!" When you are less than 5 feet tall and normally 100 pounds, where else is the baby gonna go but straight out front?

Tonight after family scripture study, Richard and I gathered all of the children around us in preparation for family prayer. Before we called on one of them to offer the prayer, at the suggestion of my best friend Tera, we asked each of the children to voice something specific they wanted to pray about this week. (This is a super idea because then each member of the family knows what the others are concerned about and then we can help pray for that concern). Most members of my family had concerns about me and baby Aubrielle, myself included. You see, last night upon returning home from Mom's Night Out with my girlfriends, I climbed into bed and laid down only to begin 90 minutes of contractions and difficulty breathing. It was a little scary because as much as I don't want to be pregnant anymore, I also don't want to have a premature baby. Thankfully the contractions stopped, my breathing improved, and I was able to get some sleep. Richard is convinced that the contractions were brought on mainly by my tendency to "overdo it".

Yesterday closed out a particularly hairy week for me and my family. That is the one and only reason I didn't blog for almost a week! Each day was filled with appointments with doctors and dentists, visiting teaching, being visit taught, late work nights for Richard, Relief Society Presidency responsibilities, etc. Yesterday Richard practically begged me to take it easy and leave all of the heavy housework to him. As if I could just sit around with my feet up while he attended a meeting and ran errands! No way! As an anal retentive person, I need and crave that feeling of accomplishment and a job well done. So while he was gone I got most of the house scrubbed. No sooner did he get home than we were all outside working. While I cut the hair of Richard and both boys, weeds were pulled, yards were raked, the garage swept and the dog (he's more like a horse) was bathed. Needless to say that I never sat down till I went out with my girlfriends that night. It was too much.

I am grateful that my family is sincerely concerned for me and the baby. I am pleased to not be alone. To all of you who have prayed for Aubrielle and me, I thank you. Know that I have felt the power of those prayers given on our behalf, and that I will reciprocate with much alacrity.

Since I've just swallowed an Ambien, I will bid you all goodnight before I start misspelling words or writing incomplete sentences. My closest friends would never let me outlive that!

Love, Cara

2 comments:

Tera said...

You made me giggle with your last sentence! You know it's true too!

Take care of yourself these last 6 weeks. You never get to be pregnant again, or be pampered in quite the same way. Enjoy it, remember it! I'm glad you held a family council. I think it is one of those things that will build a strong family unit and your children will return to when they are grown.

We love you and little Aubrielle too. We pray for her health daily as well as your comfort and strength! 6 more weeks to go and I can't wait to hold her!

Shelly said...

You know I checked your post for correct spelling and grammar-HA!LOL! Seriously, though, you need to start taking it a little bit easier. Let me know how I can help! I'm so excited to meet baby Aubrielle, too, but let's give it another 6 weeks! ILY-Shell
P.S.-who had the nerve to say,"haven't you had that baby yet?" I'll punch 'em for you! PR!!!