Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A late start, a new beginning

Today I can honestly say that I've come darned close to a 7th Heaven. Although the day began badly, once I got my boys off to school I was able to breathe more deeply. Mimi was home from school (no kindergarten today) which made Felicity happy, and once the girls were fed, they ran to the basement to make a mess. With the boys gone and the girls occupied, I was able to get all my morning work done and that always makes me happy. I need that feeling of accomplishment and I can't sit down to eat till it's all done. Once that was checked off my list (I do love to make lists, if for no other reason than to cross items off said lists) I was afforded a hot breakfast in solitude. No way! That never happens! While I had been doing my morning work, my best friend Tera called to invite the girls and me over to play and visit. Fantastic! We had a place to go and friends to be with! Once I had eaten as much as the baby allowed room, the girls and I headed all the way to Tera's house (across the street and through the park). And did I mention that the weather was mild enough for short-sleeved shirts, giving no need for coats? Even better. The girls and I were able to stay at Tera's most of the day, namely because all of our children played so well together. Hang on...I need to wipe the tears from my eyes... Okay. I'm alright, but for a moment there I was all choked up. Thank the Lord for small blessings, right?

So now it's a little after 4:30pm and I am typing my first blog while my boys do their homework and my girls play and hover around me. But there is peace on earth at the moment, all is copacetic, the planets have aligned, you take your pick. Ah, yes, I know it won't last so right now I am soaking it up.

Get out of town! My husband just walked in, home from work an hour earlier than planned. This day just keeps getting better! Tomorrow's sure to suck. Tonight's sure to be bad, too. Undoubtedly the baby and my bladder won't allow me to sleep much...or the insomnia, or the night terrors, or the migraines, etc. Oh, I can't wait to not be pregnant anymore. Get her out! Lest I forget that the end is near (8 weeks from Friday) and that this is my last go around. I ought to relish it--these last weeks--but I don't. I'm so done. Sweet Aubrielle, I can't wait to meet you. May 1, 2009 cannot come quickly enough. You will make our family complete, thus giving us a true 7th Heaven.

Love, Cara (Richard, Dallin, Elijah, Amelia, Felicity & coming soon, Aubrielle)

2 comments:

Tera said...

Sigh! It was a wonderful day, wasn't it? So perfect, good food, good friends, good children, husbands home from work early! So glad you finally made your first post! I am so excited that we will be able to share this with each other! TTYL. Peep, Peep!

Crazy Mom of 6 said...

YEAH!!! I am so excited you were able to do your first post. So exciting I loved it by the way. Soon, soon it will be all over and look back and wished you would have relished even more. So glad you are doing this. Welcome to the blog life. I love it and have reconnected and made so many new friends. It is wonderful. I have two more blogs check them out when you can grafffamiliyjournal.blogspot.com
becreative29.blogspot.com

I wish I lived close and could have come over too. I do miss you guys
lots of love and prayers