Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm a party pooper...

It's been a while for me, but I actually got asked out on a date tonight. Nothing fancy, just dinner out with my husband, without any children (unless of course you count the baby currently making herself comfortable in my body). The following is a list of reasons why I love to eat dinner at a restaurant without the company of my many children:

1) I'll only have to worry about cutting my own food. In fact, if I ask my husband, he'll even cut my food for me!
2) I won't have to take anyone else to the bathroom other than myself.
3) Unless Richard gets really rowdy, I won't have to remind anyone to behave himself in public.
4) There won't be anyone to beg off my plate of food.
5) If I don't feel like sharing, I won't have to.
6) Should I feel like lingering over my meal, the option is available to me.
7) I can look forward to being the servee, instead of the server.
8) Should I not finish my food, a kind waiter will package it up for me.
9) Any mess possibly made will be cleaned up by someone other than myself.
10) Lastly, if there is anything wrong with my meal, I will be asking the manager to please take it off the bill, thank you very much.

The best part of being asked on the coming date is that Richard actually flirted with me as he asked, telling me he thought I was cute and that he was interested in me. Hmm... Although I did tell him I reciprocated his feelings, I did have to be honest and let him know that I have four children and am expecting my fifth. Alas, he was not discouraged. He still likes me! He still wants to date me! Cool, eh?

Perhaps as you are reading this post you are wondering what on earth the title has to do with it... Well, this morning I got a text from Richard saying once again how excited he was to take me out, after which he begged me to take a nap sometime today so I would last longer than just dinner tonight. So apparently I am a party pooper. Gimme some slack. Afterall, I am very pregnant and very tired all the time. But yes, I will do my best to get a nap today so I can stay up past 8p.m. tonight. Olive Garden, here I come!

Love, Cara

3 comments:

Crazy Mom of 6 said...

Cara enjoy yourself. Those are the same exact reason why I love to go out with my kids. But I have to say my children are super good when going out they even order and place the menu's in the right spot. We have even had waiters tell us how well they are acting, how good they do at ordering for themselves. So I like both :) You better stay out past eight. Take that nap.
ily

Tera said...

You are so funny! I love that Rich asked you out on a date. That is so cute. I think it was fun for him to text it to you instead of just asking in casual conversation. Very romantic! Have a good time.

Crazy Mom of 6 said...

Cara look on my blog I have something for you